Heading off to college for the first time and not sure what gadgets you’ll need? Sending your child to school and want them to succeed? This list has the essential gadgets you need, with no unnecessary extras, and picks out the best in each category.
After a year of interning with zBoost, I head back to college for the last time. Only one more year of school and I will be a real adult! Ah scary! Now you can benefit from the years of college under my belt, and take note of which gadgets you need to ace classes.
By: Idea Go
Obviously you are going to need a laptop. There are school computers you can use, but are you really going to walk all the way to the library to take your 5 minute homework quiz that’s due at midnight? Your laptop will become your baby and go with you everywhere; to class for notes, home for Netflix and uhh homework. So now the question is: do you save money and go with a nice Windows laptop or get fancy with a Macbook Pro? I am in no way a diehard Apple fanatic but I truly love my Macbook Pro. It turned 5 years old this month and is still going strong. Never having to worry about viruses, along with all the features Mac includes, makes the Apple Macbook Pro the recommendation for me. Long-term this is the best bang for your buck. Continue reading
Posted in College Tech Essentials
Tagged Apple, Brooke Pridemore, College Tech, College Tech Essentials, Connect, External Hard Drive, headphones, HP, laptop, macbook Pro, Passport, Printer, signal amplifier, spotify, Symphonized, tablet, Tech Essentials, zBoost
Home automation includes centralized control of lighting, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), appliances, security locks, and other systems, to provide improved convenience, comfort, energy efficiency and security. The popularity of home automation has been increasing greatly in recent years. It had been largely unaffordable and confusing to the average consumer for many years, but times are changing.
Stewart Wolpin of Techlicious, writes in Home Automation Becomes Cheap and Easy, how home automation has become much more affordable especially with Staples and Home Depot announcing their respective home automation platforms – Staples Connect and Wink.
“Staples Connect and Home Depot Wink are multi-brand, multi-device and multi-protocol home automation systems that use one app, making them simple to set up and use–without the help of a professional installer. Both the Staples Connect and Home Depot Wink apps are free, and neither requires a subscription or service fee. Both apps are available for Apple’s iOS and Android; Staples Connect also is available for Windows 8 PCs and Windows Phone 8 mobile devices and, soon, through Samsung smart TVs.”
It’s that time of year. Commencement. Whether your graduate is finishing high school, college or graduate school, you’ll want to have a perfect gift to mark the occasion.
All graduates love technology and gadgets. We’ve put together some great technology gift ideas. On the top of our list is zBoost’s cell phone signal boosters. Either on the road as your graduate drives to their new college or job, or in their new home, they’ll need to stay connected.
- zBoost Mobile1 Connect, SOHO, Trio, and Reach Cell phone signal boosters– zBoost improves cell phone signal by capturing and enhancing outside signal, then bringing it into your home or car. zBoost provides solutions for the 72% of cell phone owners experiencing problems with their cell phone service, including dropped calls, poor signal reception or dead zones.
- Do-It-All Tablet – The Apple iPad’s bright, 9.7-inch touch screen covers a versatile, thin computer that connects via Wi-Fi to the Web. It’s as easy to use as an iPhone but more powerful with its own software and the iPhone’s 150,000 apps.
- Nintendo 3DS XL – The 3DS XL is the perfect portable for commuting and quick pick-up-and-play gaming sessions. It’s the must-have tool for the professional and gamer on the go.
- Pebble Steel – Considered the best smartwatch: it’s waterproof, works with iPhones and Android, runs lots of apps, and has a brand new stainless steel design that’s very sharp and a little retro. It’s not perfect, but it’s the best bet.
- Fujifilm FinePix S1 – A big bridge camera with a crazy-long zoom len, the FinePix S1 is a good choice for anyone who wants the look and feel of a dSLR, but not the expense or weight. It’s the only one that has a dust- and weather-resistant body, perfect for whatever post-grad adventures are to come.
- Just-Right Laptop – Grabbing the sweet spot between notebook and netbook, the Gateway EC14 includes an 11.6-inch screen that’s big enough for serious work but small enough to keep it under 4 pounds. And it’s a rare ultraportable with a DVD burner.
To see additional technology gift ideas go to http://www.cnet.com/grads-tech-gift-guide/ and http://www.usnews.com/education/slideshows/cool-tech-gifts-for-college-grads/1
And be sure to check out the entire line of zBoost cell phone signal booster kits http://www.zboost.com/
Posted in Graduation Gifts
Tagged cell phone signal boosters, commencement, Connect, graduation, graduation gifts, Mobile1, Reach, S, SOHO, technology, Trio, zBoost